Bankruptcy and Insolvency
Insolvency and the threat or actuality of bankruptcy form a part of the business and litigation environment. These issues can be obstacles or can contribute to the results clients wish to achieve. GHP's attorneys provide skillfully tailored representation in these areas to assure that the client objectives are achieved to the maximum extent feasible.
GHP's bankruptcy lawyers have substantial experience and up-to-the-minute substantive knowledge of insolvency and bankruptcy law, procedures and alternatives. We have represented stressed businesses, creditors, debtors, trustees, lenders, investors, landlords, tenants, shareholders, directors, spouses and other parties in all aspects of bankruptcies, workouts, turnarounds, restructurings and appeals, both in and out of court.
We regularly provide businesses and individuals with transactional advice, planning alternatives, litigation support, problem-solving strategies, and ultimately favorable outcomes.
In addition to the Bankruptcy and Insolvency practice, the department also handles problematic business transactions and serves as outside general counsel to several small and family-owned businesses.
- Creditor’s remedies
- Debtor petition and relief
- Committee and Trustee representation
- Landlord’s lease assumptions and rejections
- Spouse’s rights and obligations
- Objections to Discharge and Dischargeability
- Relief from Stay
- Plan formulation and objections
- Litigation impact analysis
- Transaction impact analysis and drafting
- Preference analysis and defense
- Alternatives to Bankruptcy
- Mediation and ADR