Our Private Client Group provides comprehensive legal representation on estate planning and wealth management matters to families and individuals, estates and trusts, family offices, closely-held businesses, charitable institutions and foundations.
Whether assisting our clients in designing their wealth transfer plan, minimizing the impact of taxes, or fulfilling their fiduciary obligations, our core strength is in providing our clients with innovative planning strategies and practical and well-integrated solutions to perpetuate their personal wealth and investments for later generations.
Private Client lawyers engage in sophisticated personal estate planning, trust administration, business succession planning and related legal services for family and individual clients, including:
- Estate planning wealth transfer and related issues;
- Revocable Trust and Will preparation;
- Generation-skipping and dynasty trust tax planning;
- Closely-held business practice;
- Private Company Exit Planning and Alternatives
- Charitable foundations and trusts;
- Shareholder’s Agreements: Buy-Sell, Investor Protections, etc.;
- Estate, gift, generation-skipping, and income tax advice;
- Retirement benefit planning; and
- International estate tax planning.
Frequent changes in federal tax and state trust laws challenge lawyers to maintain skills that require a depth and breadth of legal knowledge that the GH&P team offers in the servicing of client needs. In addition, our team draws on others in the firm with experience in tax, labor, international, securities, general corporate, litigation, and other practice areas and works closely with outside accounting, insurance, investment, banking, and trust professionals in meeting special client needs.