The Trusts & Estates attorneys of Gipson Hoffman & Pancione provide comprehensive legal representation on estate planning and wealth management matters to families and individuals, estates and trusts, family offices, closely-held businesses, charitable institutions, and foundations.
Whether assisting clients in designing their wealth transfer plans, minimizing the impact of taxes, or fulfilling their fiduciary obligations, our core strength is in providing clients with innovative planning strategies and practical and well-integrated solutions to perpetuate their personal wealth and investments for later generations.
Our lawyers engage in sophisticated personal estate planning, trust administration, business succession planning, and related legal services for family and individual clients, including:
- Estate planning, wealth transfers, and related issues.
- Revocable trust and will preparation.
- Generation-skipping and dynasty trust tax planning.
- Closely-held business practice.
- Private company exit planning and alternatives.
- Charitable foundations and trusts.
- Shareholders’ agreements, including buy-sell and investor protections.
- Estate, gift, generation-skipping, and income tax counsel.
- Retirement benefit planning.
- International estate tax planning.
Frequent changes in federal tax and state trust laws challenge lawyers to maintain skills that require a depth and breadth of legal knowledge that the GHP team offers to serve client needs. In addition, our team draws on other members of the firm who have experience in interdependent practice areas, including, tax, employment, securities, business, and litigation. We also consult and coordinate with outside professionals on matters related to accounting, insurance, investment, banking, and trust management to address specific client needs.